Please read the following cardiac patient information before your appointment day. Click on each tab for information.
If you have any queries, give us a call. We’ll be happy to help. T (08) 6161 8621
- Booking an appointment
- How long are wait times?
- How long is an appointment?
- What do I bring?
- When do I get the results?
- What about payment?
- Where are WA Heart Clinic branches?
- Parking & public transport
- Appointment only – please contact us to book your appointment
- If your doctor has referred you – we will be in touch within 24 hours to book your appointment
At WA Heart Clinic, we make sure we can see you soon:
- Initial consultation – we can see you for your initial consultation within 48 – 72 hours
- Urgent referrals – we’ll see you on the same or next day. In cases of medical emergencies, we advise that you present to your nearest Emergency Department.
Your initial consultation may last 30 – 45 minutes.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Referral from your doctor
- Medicare card
- Private health insurance card
- Pension / Health Concession card
- Any recent relevant blood reports/scan reports
- List of current medications and supplements
- If you are to have an exercise test, bring activewear and running shoes
After the test, the cardiologist will discuss the results of the test with you. All test results will be faxed or sent via secure transfer to your GP or any other relevant health team member.
- All payments must be made in full on the day. We will lodge a Medicare claim on your behalf so that your rebate will be deposited into your nominated bank account within the next 12 – 24 hours.
- We accept cash/card and provide EFTPOS facilities.
- Inpatient procedures: We are a NO GAP provider. Your inpatient procedure will be covered by your private health insurance fund and Medicare. You will not be charged any out-of-pocket expense.
WA Heart Clinic has clinics in the following locations across Perth and the Southwest:
Location 1: COMING NOVEMBER 2023 – Hollywood Consulting Centre 91 Monash Avenue (Entrance 5), Nedlands WA 6009
Location 2: North Consulting Suites Peel Health Campus 110 Lakes Road Greenfields WA 6210
Location 3: 1/77 South Terrace South Perth WA 6152
Location 4: Suite 1, St John of God Bunbury Hospital Cnr Bussell Hwy & Robertson Dr Bunbury WA 6230
- Parking is available at all the locations
- Drop-off parking is available at the front of the hospitals for patient drop-off and pickup.
- Accessible parking, including disability parking, is available at the hospitals.
How long will my test take?
Most tests are quick and take up to 30 minutes to complete. However, you’ll need to allow a good 45 minutes to include registration, a short discussion at the end of the procedure and any recovery period.
How long does it take to get in?
New patients may be seen within 48 – 72 hours. If your situation is an emergency, you should attend the emergency department.
Do I need someone to drive me?
No. You only need someone to drive you if you have certain inpatient procedures. You can drive or make any transport arrangements without assistance after all tests as you will not be given any sedating medication.
Can I take my results with me?/What happens straight after the test?
After the test, the cardiologist will discuss the results of the test with you. These test results will also be electronically mailed to your GP within a few days.